£22000 - £40000 per annum + good benefits
2 months ago
Role: Multi-discipline Plant Layout Layout Designers (2 or more of Mechanical / piping / HVAC / Cable Tray / electrical / steelwork experience) and Piping Designers
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4 / M5 junction
Salary: £22000 - £35000 + excellent benefits (up to £40k if have PDMS experience)
Start Date: Expected start January 2019 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced multi-discipline (Plant) Layout Designers (i.e experience in 2 or more of piping, civil, structural, steelwork, hvac, cable tray, etc) and Piping Designers to work as for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK. Experience in PDMS would be advantageous (and will command a higher salary) but is not essential to being considered as training will be provided if necessary. French language skills would also be of use, but are not important when considering suitability of candidates.
Our client will be responsible for producing the construction drawings required for construction of the new Hinkley 'C' power station in Somerset.
The role will be located in north-west Bristol, near to the the M4 / M5 junction
Candidates should ideally have experience of work on layout for large construction / build projects (e.g. large structures, power stations, large office buildings, ships, oil and gas plants,).
The Layout CAD Designer creates the PDMS-3D model and produces 2D and 3D deliverables based on the input data provided and in accordance to the applicable design procedures and instructions.
- Creating and modifying of the PDMS3D-Model, by modelling
- components and equipment,
- civil structure,
- pipe lines,
- HVAC ducts and components,
- Electrical cable trays, boxes and cabinets
- according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the tractability is maintained throughout the model.
- Carrying out layout engineering (positioning of equipment, pipe routings etc.), ensuring that the Layout Rules are correctly followed
- When requests for changes are issued by the various engineering teams, he/she incorporates the changes into the 3D model, having checked their technical consistency.
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the Building Layout/Civil Leader, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model. Produces 2D drawings associated with layout engineering (general layout drawing division into fire safety zones, etc.).
- Performing of 2D-3D-Checks (3D-Model check against P&ID, Single line diagrams etc.)
- Performing component introduction, installation or maintenance simulations; preparing layout studies.
He/she is assigned to one of the buildings on the nuclear island and his/her activity is coordinated by the Civil and Layout Engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Mechanical engineering technician OR higher education
- Design office experience - Knowledge of several areas of engineering (pipework, hvac, electricity, civil engineering, etc.)
- Experience in the nuclear sector
- Experience in plant layout engineering
Knowledge and technical skills:
Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules.
Knowledge of the technical constraints associated with plant layout / plant design.
Knows how to deal with design and layout constraints.
Software and tools: Good knowledge of CAD modelling software
For the right candidate, or client can offer a salary of up to £40000 along with an excellent benefits package, as well as the opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career development and advancement prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction