North West England, England
Comprehensive Benefits Package
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Plant Director
Salary: Senior salary plus benefits commensurate with a position at this level
Location: Elton, Cheshire (relocation assistance on offer)
Encirc is unique. From the manufacturing of container glass, to modern filling facilities, to warehousing & logistics, we're the only company to offer customers a complete supply-chain service.
Based out of their world class facility based at Elton in Cheshire, Encirc are looking for a talented Plant Director to oversee all daily operations of the Glass Plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Time will be divided between developing the workforce through effective empowerment of management teams and improving plant efficiency and quality.
- To oversee the Health & Safety of all Encirc employees. Ensure a safe working environment at all time and promote a Health and Safety aware culture.
- Maintain highest Quality Standards at all times, supplying product to food industry and many of UK blue chip companies
- Ensure that good Communication Channels are maintained so that information concerning safety matters, company policies, procedures and objectives are effectively communicated throughout the organisation.
- To constantly promote Continuous Improvement initiatives, look forward and demonstrate a passion for change and innovation.
- Be a leading advocate for the Encirc Company Values; Commitment to Customers, People Commitment & Development, Sustainability, Collaboration, High Performance, Innovation & Continuous Improvement.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Share a trusting relationship with employees and recruit, manage and develop plant staff. Ensure all staff are adequately trained to operate equipment and machinery to highest standards.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on asset. Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime
- Minimise production costs by control of materials, engineering spends and manpower.
- Responsibility for all cost of manufacture and profit associated with the plant.
- Achieve production outputs in accordance with budgetary targets.
- Ensure plant organisation, structure, operational and reporting procedures are adhered to at all times
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
- Proven experience in a Senior Production / Operations Management role within the manufacturing industry is essential
- Knowledge of HR processes and procedures and experience of following standard HR processes.
- Ownership of modern manufacturing principles and evidence of conceptualising and implementing improvement activity
- Proven track record supervising a high-volume, manufacturing operation with high revenues.
- Experience of managing senior management to bring forward positive production output results.
- Experience of bringing forward positive production growth to an organisations production activities.
- Experience of meeting key production targets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to adopt a range of management styles and approaches to get the best out of each individual on site.
- Strong operational, production planning, sales & marketing & execution skills.
- Strong leadership ability with proven skills in communicating and supervising a diverse workforce.
- Strong business experience, demonstrating experience of business growth
- Ability to build lasting relationships, Negotiate, and influence
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Business Management (or equivalent)
This is an opportunity work in a world class facility with a company that prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised exclusively by Morson International on behalf of Encirc. Any applications sent directly, or any unsolicited applications from agencies will be forwarded to Morson International.
To apply please send your CV or call Alex on 0161 707 1516 for more details.