about 1 year ago
To assist in the set-up and operation of the TMF and HF laboratories for the TMF. Support the Laboratory Project Manager with external supplier / customer relationships both within and outside URENCO.
The role will develop through the period of construction and commissioning (2018 - 2019) during which period the main focus is:
- Assist in Inactive and Active Commissioning testing and analysis.
- Assist in laboratory training
- Assist in the implementation of LIMS system and quality control system.
- Support the delivery of two process laboratories (TMF and HF).
- Support the method development for both laboratories
- Assist in the development of the integrated UCP Laboratory Management System to ensure that it is effective for the requirements of the developing organisation.
In 2019 and onwards, the Plant Support role is responsible for:
- All of the above until Active Commissioning then:
- Assist with the day to day running of the laboratories.
- Maintain calibration and quality schedules for both laboratories
- Maintain supply of materials and chemicals for both laboratories and keep procurement records up to date.
- Maintain housekeeping and SHEQ standards including carrying out audits and registering preventative actions.
- Arrange and host visits for service engineers.
- Assist logistics with sample dispatch and receipt both internally / externally.
- Follow the Laboratory Management and quality systems for TMF including accreditation to ISO 9001 and 14001.
Key internal and external relations:
- Liaising with Operations to maintain performance.
- External Supplier representatives.
- Logistics planning with UUK Chemistry Services Department.
- External suppliers of materials, resources and contracts.
- Liaise with Shift / Day Teams in planning the receipt of samples.
- Hands on experience working in a busy process or quality laboratory in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Analytical method development experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of chemical analysis techniques (e.g. Titration, Loss on drying, pH) and standard preparations
- Proficient in the use of site computer systems and applications as appropriate for the role (e.g Microsoft office, LIMS, Tiamo)
- An understanding of the regulatory requirements of the nuclear industry would be advantageous.
- An awareness of Dangerous Goods Transportation legislation would be an advantage.
- Chemistry Degree (BSc or Masters)
- Grade C or above in A-level Chemistry
- Grade C or above in Maths, English and Science GSCE.