3 months ago
Morson has an exciting on going contract for a Planning Officer to join a Major Aerospace Company based in Yeovil, Somerset.
The primary purpose of this role is to execute the comprehensive planning and scheduling of 'Contracted' work on time and to budget. Thereby facilitating customer satisfaction, profitability and overall business success through the Bid, Initiation, Execution and Closure phases. Whilst applying and complying with the appropriate Client Planning procedures and processes
Responsibilities of the Job Holder will include, but not be limited to:
- Execute the comprehensive planning and scheduling of the appropriate scope of 'Contracted' departmental work, through the Bid, Initiation, Execution and Closure phases.
- Report directly to the Planning Manager on Project Planning aspects, deputising as required
- Undertake the creation of project plans (cost and schedule) for all phases of the Project Life Cycle, into a multiple project / programme plan.
- (Contract) the subsequent integration of these plans within a project, and their potential integration
- Undertake the creation & maintenance of project planning within the appropriate scope of 'Contracted' work including the WBS & associated Networks, whilst:
- achieving contractual obligations, defined business and stakeholder objectives
- working within budgetary constraints (Project & Overhead)
- identifying issues & constraints
- Ensure that Work Authorisations are issued in line with the plan, and that CWA planning tasks are actioned in a timely manner.
- Maintain & support the development of the Client planning policies, processes & procedures, and work towards their implementation and application within the business.
- Set data integrity targets and manage their achievement.
- Maintain a robust audit (SAP system based) trail process for transactions and changes
- Review project cost and schedule performance, undertaking a regular analysis of planned and actual data.
- Undertake the analysis of project execution to date, establish accurate variances to plan, and prepare a forecast of future project performance utilising agreed standard measures and algorithms.
- Undertake Risk analysis based on current performance data, identify any conflicts or risks to the appropriate Task owners, CAM's and Project Management and prepare corrective action options for review and adoption by the Task owner.
- Undertake financial monitoring and liaise with Finance to analyse contract spend variance (at contract level), ensuring that controls are in place to properly account for spend and use of costed resource.
- Create project report data that will inform decision making and enable timely project control. Issue reports including brochures as required, ensuring that data is properly recorded, maintained and managed and meets any relevant legislative requirements.
- Essential Knowledge Skills:
- Experience in the planning and scheduling of complex tasks within an aerospace or similar industrial environment.
- Ability to maintain a clear focus on goals & priorities.
- Proficiency in working with computers, including common Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel) & in using a recognised computerised business-planning tool (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Proficiency in using SAP PS.
- Effective & persuasive in building a network of contacts within the Client, creating strong relationships at all levels within the Client performing functional areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory & strong interpersonal skills to support & motivate other team members.
- Working knowledge of the Client company business processes including commercial, financial, CWA and SAP.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more detail