£400.00 - £450.00 per day
9 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Manager to work on a range of London underground related projects.
The day to day duties of the Planning Manager will be s follows:
- Plan and manage complex multi-project programme time schedules to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
- Analyse, review and highlight critical time schedule issues and ensure viable resolution plans are in place.
- Management of the implementation of planning work processes and procedures in accordance with Pathway and otherwise approved deviations.
- Conduct Project Controls orientation/training sessions for Programme team(s) and assist Senior management with the interpretation of periodic time schedule/cost reports.
- Liaise with Senior Planning Managers other Planning Managers & Planning Assistants regarding common planning issues for the purpose of providing a common solution for all parties.
- Analysis of programme controls data and create summary programme reports/analysis for Senior Managers/Sponsors.
- Assess contractual schedules and compensation events and support the business in schedule related commercial aspects.
The Skills, Knowledge and Experience expected of the Planning Manager will be as follows:
- Good influencing skills to manage and motivate teams. Ability to embed Planning Management methodology and process in support of delivery of high risk, value and complex projects/programmes. Analysis of complex data to draw conclusions and produce reports.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Planning and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Extensive knowledge of PPM Systems and Tools especially in regard to the Planning discipline.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects with expertise in Planning.
- Knowledge of different Commercial arrangements, NEC contractual obligations and their impact of project controls management with an emphasis on Planning metholdogy.
- Domain knowledge of the planning, design and construction activities undertaken across a number of TfL project areas. Namely track, signalling, stations, civils or surface projects.
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing improving process and guidance to support project delivery and reporting.
- Experience using Primavera, Primavera Enterprise or similar project time scheduling software.
- Experience building critical path schedules from knowledge and first principles, interviewing and leading workshops with project resources to understand progress and performance across a programme of critical path projects.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Planning Manager, please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.