£350.00 - £400.00 per day
23 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Manager to work on a range of transport related projects across highways and rail.
- Plan and manage complex multi-project programme time schedules to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
- Analyse, review and highlight critical time schedule issues and ensure viable resolution plans are in place.
- Act as coordination lead for the production of outward facing topical summary reports discussing programme/project progress, critical issues, impact and mitigation.
- Provide direction and supervision to any assigned project planners and / or possess extensive technical expertise.
- Establish and maintain a good, professional and pro-active relationship with other project management/ planning teams.
- Conduct Project Controls orientation/training sessions for Programme team(s) and assist Senior management with the interpretation of periodic time schedule/cost reports.
- Analysis of programme controls data and create summary programme reports/analysis for Senior Managers/Sponsors.
- Assess the need for change to planning processes and methods and implement changes to deliver improved performance.
- Assess contractual schedules and compensation events and support the business in schedule related commercial aspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience expected of the Planning Manager will be as follows:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Planning and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Extensive knowledge of PPM Systems and Tools especially in regard to the Planning discipline.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects with expertise in Planning.
- Knowledge of different Commercial arrangements, NEC contractual obligations and their impact of project controls management with an emphasis on Planning methodology.
- Domain knowledge of the planning, design and construction activities undertaken across a number of TfL project areas. Namely track, signalling, stations, civils or surface projects.
- Good influencing skills to manage and motivate teams. Ability to embed Planning Management methodology and process in support of delivery of high risk, value and complex projects/programmes. Analysis of complex data to draw conclusions and produce reports.
- Experience using Primavera, Primavera Enterprise or similar project time scheduling software.
- Experienced in defining and agreeing progress reporting approaches with contractors.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Planning Manager or for a confidential chat please submit your CV via this advert today.