£400.00 - £450.00 per day
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Manager to support numerous renewals and enhancement works on DLR. The role will require good NEC knowledge and experience with a good understanding of rail infrastructure and assets.
- Plan and manage complex multi-project programme time schedules to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
- Analyse, review and highlight critical time schedule issues and ensure viable resolution plans are in place.
- Act as coordination lead for the production of outward facing topical summary reports discussing programme/project progress, critical issues, impact and mitigation. Establish and maintain a highly motivated programme planning team.
- Provide direction and supervision to any assigned project planners and / or possess extensive technical expertise.
- Conduct Project Controls orientation/training sessions for Programme team(s) and assist Senior management with the interpretation of periodic time schedule/cost reports.
- Assess the need for change to planning processes and methods and implement changes to deliver improved performance.
- Assess contractual schedules and compensation events and support the business in schedule related commercial aspects.
The Knowledge, Skills and Experience expected of the Planning Manager will be as follows:
- Extensive knowledge of PPM Systems and Tools especially in regard to the Planning discipline.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects with expertise in Planning. Knowledge of different Commercial arrangements, NEC contractual obligations and their impact of project controls management with an emphasis on Planning metholdogy.
- Domain knowledge of the planning, design and construction activities undertaken across a number of TfL project areas. Namely track, signalling, stations, civils or surface projects.
- Analysis of complex data to draw conclusions and produce reports.
- Experience of creating, adapting and monitoring planning in major projects managing to time, quality and budget.
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing improving process and guidance to support project delivery and reporting.
- Experience using Primavera, Primavera Enterprise or similar project time scheduling software.
- Experience of a complex operating environment including NEC contract management in a project delivery environment.
- Experience building critical path schedules from knowledge and first principles, interviewing and leading workshops with project resources to understand progress and performance across a programme of critical path projects.
- Experienced in defining and agreeing progress reporting approaches with contractors.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Planning Manager role or for a confidential chat please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.