Ian C Hull BA (Hons) Dip RP
17 days ago
Planning Engineer - Capital Projects
The Planning Engineer will join a multi-disciplinary team in Tata Chemicals Europe responsible for delivery of Â£75m investment into a number of strategic energy and new build facilities over the next few years including the First Industrial Carbon Capture and Utilisation Plant in the UK. The Planning Engineer will be responsible for project planning, critical path analysis, progress monitoring and supporting cost monitoring to ensure that these critical projects are delivered to time and cost.
1. Responsible for preparation of detailed project plans from initial feasibility phases through to estimating, sanction, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover.
2. Critical path analysis and progress monitoring through regular reviews of key activities with various discipline leads v base line programme.
3. Assessing vendor and contractor programmes and integrating them into the main project plan.
4. Supporting the project manager in tracking key payment milestones to ensure accurate and timely cost monitoring and forecasting
5. Work with Projects Director and Project Managers to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and that resource requirements and pinch points are identified and actioned in a timely manner.
6. Pull out key procurement plans and work with the procurement team to ensure that they are fully briefed on the upcoming work requirements.
Minimum Knowledge requirement
Engineering / Planning qualification (HNC or degree level)
Microsoft Project experience
IT skills & good with systems. SAP Knowledge Desirable
Logical thinking, ability to sequence steps to get from concept to reality
Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Methodical, organised & structured
Inquisitive, engineering style mind
Good time management skills
Good team player
Experience in Major Capital Planning is desirable but not essential
Graduates will limited experience but with good potential will be considered