over 1 year ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who has a requirement for a Planning Engineer. This contract position with an initial six month duration will be based at our client's offices in Bristol (either Central or at Aztec West) with site visits to Hinkley Point C when required. An excellent hourly rate is on offer to a suitably qualified candidate.
Successful applicant will:
- Report to Head of Planning
- Support Senior Project Managers and Projects Managers in the delivery of their projects by;
- Providing a high level planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
- Prepare robust tender and contract programmes using the designated planning tools.
- Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team.
- Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team.
- Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate.
- Correctly record project progress in the programme (ensuring the planning software correctly calculates the data), reschedule programme to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results (schedule, resource and financial) to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software.
- Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
- Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements incl. NEC3.
- All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures
- Manage a portfolio of project programmes and supporting Planning Engineers/Junior Planning Engineers including supervision and checking of work to ensure that all work complies with company standards and procedures.
- Act as mentor to Junior Planning members to assist in their personal development.
Criteria - Qualifications & Experience
- HNC or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- 5 -7 years planning experience in a project based engineering environment using Primavera planning software.
- Project planning and change management for small/medium/Large sized EPC projects.
- Worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.
- Supervised junior members of planning staff.
- Worked in a tender planning environment for EPC projects