Planning Engineer with aerospace or defence industry experience is required by our leading defence client to operate one or more of the Planning, Monitoring and Controlling (PM&C) processes on an associated programme. This will be a mix of remote and on site working in Telfrod.
This will require close liaison between various teams within the Programme. The role requires a high level of attention to detail and personal accountability in order to ensure that the project is successful.
Significant drive and energy, strong planning skills, and the ability to deliver a diverse programme to demanding time, target cost and quality requirements are essential attributes to succeed. At this level the incumbent will be expected to work independently on routine aspects of the activity, and under guidance and supervision in more complex situations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
This individual will be assigned to support the Lead Project Professional and the Project Controls Manager. They will be required to manage SAP, monitor performance and risk, undertake planning activity and support delivery teams as needed.
Responsibilites will also include:
• Able to contribute to the development of a project risk and opportunity plan, can identify project risks for projects/work packages/tasks undertaken
• Generation and maintenance of Project Schedule within the programme, working with Engineering Leads, Control Account Managers and Project Managers
• Identifying, monitoring, mitigating and managing risks and issues as they emerge
• Strategic customer and stakeholder management externally and internally within the business
• Perform analysis and monitoring of demand for the programme and ensure alignment to the priorities of the programme, monitoring metrics and generating reports as required
• Support the delivery and prioritisation of demand
• Provides input to delivery programme baselines and contributes to the operation of project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis, dependency management and change control)
• Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system
What Qualifications and Experience You Should Have
• Experience within project controls
• Good understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices
• Ideally having or working towards an APM PMQ or equivalent qualification
• Good presentation skills (verbal and written),
• Good understanding and experience of schedule management (MS Project or other industry standard planning tools), cost/ERP systems
• Good understanding of risk management principles
• Ability to work cross-functionally
• Good attention to detail
• A good understanding of the challenges of complex engineering projects or defence programmes
• Intermediate knowledge and experience using SAP preferred
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.