26 days ago
Planning Engineers are accountable to the client Project Controls Group Head, PPM and/or Operations Manager and are responsible to develop & manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost in accordance with the requirements and standards.
The Planning Engineer will create plans for the full project lifecycle including development and design. There are no direct reports.
The role will be based at the Gloucester office complex and will require from time to time, business travel to UK sites/stations. Flexible working arrangements between office and home are possible..
Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
Everyone working in our team will need the ability to obtain CTC or SC level UK security clearance.
Here's What You'll Need:
* Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
* Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
* Experienced in the latest version of Primavera.
* Able to develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
* Able to establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with Programme Office processes.
* Able to capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget.
* Able to establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures in terms of project scope, in accordance with Investment Delivery processes, templates and Procedures.
* Experienced to challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
* Leadership to ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable.
* Knowledge to maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
* Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies
* Experienced to integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
* Ability to communicate well at all levels of management and can produce monthly reports, to an agreed reporting cycle, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.