Moor Row, Cumbria
Up to £45.00 per hour
2 months ago
We have an opportunity for a Planning Engineer based at Westlakes, Cumbria this is a 12 Months contract
To assist client in daily planning duties.
The safety case project will support the delivery of the review of plant Safety Cases within the Sellafield Operations Division by to carrying out the scheduled reviews of the plant Safety Case as required by Site Licence Condition 15 to underpin a further 10 years continued operations.
These reviews will carry out a review to demonstrate that there is an adequate safety case in place for the next review period or for the transition into Post Operational Clean Out (POCO) and Surveillance and maintenance identify any shortfalls or gaps in the Safety Case, or the substantiation of the supporting Engineering demonstrate that the risks and hazards are understood and are As Low As Reasonably Practical (ALARP) develop the Safety Case to support POCO activities and Surveillance Maintenance if necessary, and provide the required Safety Assessments and Engineering substantiation for any revised claims prepare an Implementation Plan to set out how any required safety case change will be managed, how shortfalls will be addressed and the resolution time line.
Categorised Projects has been created to realise project cost and schedule benefits for standard project delivery work-streams one of which is the review of plant safety cases. It is anticipated that these cost and schedule benefits will be generated from improved delivery efficiencies resulting from repeated application of delivery routines, knowledge retention within the delivery team and economies of scale.
To provide planning services to the project manager and integrated DSA team for Categorised Project Safety Cases (within Operations Projects), including where relevant, input and coordination of sub consultants programmes to ensure delivery is consistent and effective.
* Provide an effective planning and reporting service to project managers and sponsors.
* Facilitate the production of the project WBS.
* Prepare, monitor and forecast baseline and working schedules during all project phases including input during the DSA estimating and tendering phases.
* Establish and maintain a basis of schedule for all schedules produced.
* Ensure all applicable schedule activities have `rules of credit and `quantity tracking mechanisms established.
* Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the project baseline and subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms.
* Prepare progress reports, including earned value analysis, identifying critical areas and trends and recommend recovery options.
* Maintain the planning database and validate data across systems.
* Provide the required information to support the risk process.
* Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and Knowledge Management.
* Mentor and support assistant planning engineers in their development.
* Checking own work and that of other planners.
* Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
* The highlighting of any current and potential issues to the senior planning engineer, project controls manager or project manager.
* Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and project execution plans.
* The active contribution to continuous improvement of the functional quality and performance of project controls.
Nature of Problems and Solving them:
* Routinely has to work to tight deadlines.
* Addresses technical problems within project plans to produce an effective and accurate plan.
Level of Discretion:
* Plans own work.
* Routine project planning activities are not supervised
* Refers / escalates any issues that threaten project delivery.
* Checks work of other planners.
Communication and contacts:
* Good communication is a key aspect of the position. Has to communicate effectively in verbal and written format at all levels, including project documentation for clients, project reporting and day to day discussion of tasks with engineers and others.
* Contacts outside the business include typically the project controls manager and client project manager in client teams
* Conversant with planning software and tools (Primavera P6)
* Conversant with Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Competence in earned value management and reporting
* Analysis of project risk and estimating uncertainty
* Capable of managing own work
* Commercial awareness (e.g. planning requirements, change control / compensation events / cost control)
* Relevant experience, typically equivalent to 2 years plus in project planning
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Experience in a contracting environment.
* Minimum HNC/D minimum in a technical discipline
* Professional Qualification
* Working knowledge of NEC3 PSC or ECC contracts
* Nuclear engineering design / construction experience.
* Sellafield gated process for projects and other Sellafield Limited applicable procedures and manuals
* Appreciation of cost engineering and AXIOM time booking systems (i.e. Replicon)
Design Tools /Software
Additional Comments Travel:
* Occasionally works away from home office, either visiting or on short-term assignment to sites and sub consultants.
Capable of attaining or currently having a Sellafield P1/4 pass