Planning Engineer, Contract, Newbury
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project structures (WBS/OBS/RBS/CBS)
- Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3)
- Ensure alignment between the integrated scheduling toolset and the companies financial and material demand toolset. This includes alignment of any Level 4/5 schedules.
- Regular status update of the integrated schedule and the provision of metrics (eg critical path/total float) and schedule analysis of the impact to the project.
- Resource/cost loaded schedules to inform the IBP and also to provide financial status of the project
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Provision of schedule risk analysis updates on a monthly basis and to inform the baseline
- Inclusion of key milestones and status against these
- Critical path analysis of the integrated schedule on a regular basis * Correctly record project progress in the schedule), reschedule to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action.
- Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
- Establishing and leading on Interactive Planning workshops
- Leading on Rolling Wave (lookahead) meetings
- Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
- Ensuring that the schedule is updated with forecast dates and Estimates at Completion (EAC's)
- Lead on alignment of schedule to project change register.
- Ideally a bachelors degree (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field
- Professional qualification (eg APM/Acoste/RICS) (or equivalent)
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Extensive experience applying schedule management in a complex environment
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling toolsets e.g. Primavera/MSP
- Quantitative risk analysis experience
- Forensic Planning
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
- BPSS Security Clearance