£35.00 - £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
6 MONTHS +
We are currently searching for a Planning Engineer for our client based at Dungeness B on a contract basis.
* Develop and define project goals and objectives based on Client scope/specification.
* Monitor and analyse project effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative tools.
* Recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones.
* Plan, coordinate and monitor activities of assigned projects to develop and implement procedures, processes and systems.
* Educate employees in methods to ensure project continuity and completeness.
* Develop detailed task lists/WBS and work effort assessment.
* Prepare short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players and team members.
* Oversee schedules and risk management plans and provide Early Warning/deviations warnings hindering project results.
* Identify changes in work scope in the project plan.
* Ensure to take appropriate planning measures with all clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
* Ensure to convey required project data and information to project teams.
* Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for management.
* Evaluate and analyse with team risks and issues compromising project results and develop plans to mitigate them.
* Lead development of baseline schedule and support Project Manager (PM) in Integrated Baseline Review (IBR).
* Gather actual data, update project schedule and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team.
The role could be either site or office/home based. The Planner will usually report in to either the Project Manager or Project Director for project delivery.
Typical duties and activities
Typical duties and activities undertaken include:
* Create, maintain, review and administer construction schedules and plans, P6 or similar software.
* Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
* Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organize the phases of the construction development
* Keep the client team up to date on progress to present to the client
* Present information for internal meetings on the project
* Problem solving
* Produce tender plans to support bids
A typical working week would be around 40-45hrs per week, however you would be required to work longer if there is a deadline fast approaching.
Key skills required
A Planner is an important part of any construction team, key skills required, including:
* Strong communication including writing reports and presenting
* Understanding engineering/construction principles
* Time management and planning
* Methodological approach
* High Attention to detail
* Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project, Asta PowerProject and Primavera P6
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Strong Problem solving
* Budget and financial management
* Work as part of a team and individually
* A Site Management background is beneficial, building, civil engineering or Mechanical engineering.
A bachelor's degree in an engineering related field, including building management, construction engineering, building studies, surveying and civil engineering.
Previous Nuclear experience would be an advantage.
Candidates will be required to undergo CTC security clearance prior to starting work