Up to £100 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 month ago
Our client are a multinational electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy.
They are currently recruiting for a Planning and Highways Enforcement Officer to join their team in the Grimsby area. This position will be on a contract starting ASAP for 3 months.
The post holder will be contribute, within a varied team, to the effective development and delivery of the Planning and Highways Enforcement service.
The post holder will independently manage their own case load of investigations and general enquiries to ensure contractual indicators are achieved.
The post holder will be responsible for drafting legal notices ready for service, and serving said notices following the production of necessary public interest tests and will also produce witness statements and exhibits in support of prosecution proceedings when necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Investigation of possible breaches of planning and highway legislation in accordance with national and local policy and procedures
* Monitoring of developments to ensure that they are implemented in accordance with approved plans
* Maintenance and updating of files using computerised administration systems
* The drafting and service of relevant notices under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, the Highways Act 1980 and any other relevant legislation
* Provision of enforcement advice to customers including alleged offenders, complainants, Councillors, developers and other interested parties both verbally and in writing
* Make recommendations to the Senior Enforcement Officer/ Principal Development Management Officer regarding proceeding with enforcement investigations
* Preparation of reports to Planning Committee on enforcement matters
* Collation of evidence from specialist officers with a view to possible prosecutions
* Preparation of prosecution papers in respect of breaches of planning control and appear as a witness for the Council in respect of appeals and court proceedings
* Working on own initiative when on site making the necessary health and safety assessments as required
* Liaising with other Council and departments as required
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* Investigation skills and meticulous record keeping
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to manage demanding and varied workload
* Tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public, developers and agents.
* Excellent negotiating skills.
* Understanding of and commitment to the constant need to improve.
* Ability to prioritise and manage time/work effectively.
* Ability to collate evidence and maintain records
* Ability to prioritise workloads and perform to strict timetables.
* Good IT skills
* Full Driving Licence and car available for use
* Knowledge of Town and Country Planning Act 1990, Highways Act 1980 and associated legislation
* Ability to interpret legislation.
* Knowledge and experience of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and investigatory procedures.
* Experience undertaking interviews under caution.
* Experience in an Enforcement capacity.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.