10 months ago
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for a Planner based in Yeovil
Job Title: Planner
Design and maintain the project schedule in accordance with the contract ensuring the integrity of data throughout the project life cycle, through direct liaison with all functions. Prepare required reports to provide support. Identify issues and work with Programme Management Team and directly with functions to establish corrective actions.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Executing all activities in accordance with policy, procedure and processes.
- Establishing and implementing standards and best practice across Programmes or projects.
- Develop and implement the programme or project schedule (and SAP Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)) in accordance with the Contracted scope, delivery dates, Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM), financial baseline and procedures. If multiple sub projects exist, coordinate, control and integrate the interfaces creating logical links and maintaining updates. Applying earned value techniques where applicable.
- Maintain and control the programme or project schedule baseline (dates and budgets) to reflect any contracted amendments. Manage the approval and communication of these changes in accordance with procedures.
- Direct the timely processing of schedule updates. Monitor the accuracy of project schedules and version control changes. Work with the Functions and Project Teams to drive the quality of the programme or project schedule and SAP WBS. Identify problems and provide support to improve processes to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Coordinate with the Key Stakeholders customer change proposals, capturing in a register and collating cost impacts for pricing.
- Assess progress, track and analyse the impact of the programme or project schedule forecast changes (dates and budgets) to identify threats at the earliest opportunity. Publish the schedule and ensure stakeholders are informed about changes. Perform critical path and 'what it; analysis, including the development of work-around plans, capturing, monitoring and driving associated actions.
- Control the allocation of contingency reserve and updates to the programme or project schedule baseline ensuring alignment to the risk register.
- Track, analyse and produce reports to confirm the programme or project cost and schedule performance, coordinating variance analysis and driving corrective actions (including resource analysis).
- Generate purchase requisitions and perform receipts ensuing alignment to schedule procurement requirements.
- Flexibility to deploy in other areas, i.e. business reports.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of company products and organisation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting and also to provide leadership when required.
- Effective & persuasive in building a network of contacts, creating strong relationships with performing functional areas.
- Proficient in the use of SAP and Microsoft Project (as core planning tool) and other common Microsoft packages.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills with good attention to detail. Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a clear focus on goals & priorities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experienced in the planning and scheduling of complex tasks within an aerospace or similar industrial environment.