Rate on application
21 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a number of Planner Supports / Material Controllers to work for one of our maritime defence clients in Dorset. These positions are fixed term contracts.
* Ideally candidates will have experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Support projects with the objectives of delivery to time, cost, and quality and liaise with internal customers as required.
* Experience with ERP / MRP Systems and production planning tools is preferred but not essential.
* Competent with MS Office, particularly Excel.
* Be able to assist the Planner in generating and analysing production performance against targets.
* Good listening, presentation and negotiating skills.
* Have a drive and an ability for continuous improvement through process development.
* Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised.
* Responsible to the Head of Production Planning, whilst working closely with assigned Planner(s) and other stakeholders across the business as required.
* To assist Planner(s) in bid and estimate preparation.
* To work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure material available in accordance with agreed schedules. This is to include reviewing of Planned Orders prior to conversion to a Works Order.
* If issues arise that are beyond their remit / approved delegation to mitigate an impact to the schedule and / or costs. These are to be escalated to the relevant Planner in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
* To support and administer agreed processes and customer requirements.
* Ensure material information is maintained at an acceptable level of accuracy within the ERP system.
* Work with the Procurement Team to source value for money piece parts, tooling and material stock to an appropriate quality that meet delivery schedules.
* Work with the Stores and QA Goods In-inspection team in prioritising material receipts and issue to meet agreed schedule delivery.
o Items that fail inspection ensure the relevant team / personnel are addressing to minimise / negate an impact to the schedule.
* To generate and present material status reports as appropriate, including details of impacts or issues that need to be addressed.
* To work with Planner(s), Team / Section Leaders in respect to Lab Stock / Class C.
* Control and administer consumable vending machines.
* To champion and drive process and business improvements to gain efficiencies across all aspects, and not just those that are Production specific.
* Deputise for the Planner as and when required.