Hammersmith and Fulham, London
Up to £11.91 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
10 days ago
Our client provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services and they are currently looking for a Planner to be based in Hammersmith.
Job objectives and responsibilities
The Planner is responsible for the effective execution of all repairs and maintenance work control processes working closely with the Call Centre and operational Team for the effective and efficient use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity.
- To review works orders for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic priority timescales and discuss with the originator of the works order.
- To prioritse, plan and schedule all repairs and maintenance work via generated order.
- To be proactive and optimise workforce productivity and minimise downtime of operatives.
- Approach all aspects of the work being carried out with safety as the highest priority.
- Manage the status of the work control through to completion; including Client Liaison to co-ordinate and resolve Client specific issues.
- Work closely with Technical Supervisors to determine resource availability.
- Actively participate in scheduling meetings with operational teams to finalise priority of works orders, optimum downtime and necessary lead times.
- Finalise the maintenance resource schedule and communicate schedule to all resources and operational team.
- Issue scheduled works orders to operatives and technical supervisors.
- Manage any backlog of works orders effectively.
- Fully utilise MITIE IT & communication systems as well as MS Office to undertake tasks to the highest standards
- Continuously improve the planning and scheduling of works orders by receiving feedback from Operational Team.
- Keep accurate records of the performance of scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the Operational Team.
- To build and promote good working relationships with your colleagues and the company's clients and suppliers.
- Travel to and participate in site, project team, customer forum and evening meetings, as required.
- Participate in an on-call rota if required.
- Induct all employees into the team ensuring that you adhere to policies and procedures.
- You will need to possess a detailed and working customer focussed knowledge in the planning and coordination of installation, renewal, refurbishment, repairs and maintenance to properties.
- You will understand and take responsibility for the fact that this role is pivotal to the successful delivery of the duties of the team
- You will have strong organisational and time management skills and be able to multi task effectively.
- You will have good leadership skills, be customer focused, forward thinking and professional.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be a "people person".
- You will have a real "can do" attitude with an eye for detail and be able to transmit and encourage that attitude.
- You will have excellent IT skill's to be able to effectively manage and control your area.
- Is highly desirable that you possess relevant surveying, technical, administrative or trade qualifications.
- It is highly desirable that you have 3 years relevant experience for a customer focussed and commercially astute service contractor within a Social Housing environment.
- You will be able and willing to work to a variable shift pattern to ensure a service is provided to our clients and customers.
Start date: 08/10/2018
End date: 01/04/2019
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly