7 months ago
Job Summary/ Purpose
Coordinate all production requirements across the factory units for the Company, ensuring an effective plan which encompasses all aspects of fresh and frozen portfolio of products.
Production planning for the company, coordinating all aspects of fresh produce volumes, matching farm production to customer demand, working as the interface between the Company and third-party distributors.
End to end supply chain planning of all frozen production, ensuring all raw materials, packaging and storage requirements are considered to optimise the efficiency of production facilities and on-site and third-party storage.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure close liaison with the Commercial Team to understand and influence sales decisions to optimise the capacity of the farm production and factory units whilst meeting customer demand.
2. Liaise with fulfilment agencies to ensure their delivery requirements are met.
3. Ensure accurate and timely forecasting and reforecasting of customer volumes, as required
4. Plan and organise production schedules, in close liaison with business unit Operations Management, including Harvest Operations, to enable effective and efficient production, optimising use of fresh produce, plant and labour resources.
5. Monitor the compliance to production to plan to enable proactive re-negotiation of timescales and schedules for delivery as necessary.
6. Set up and ensure stability of all production planning methodology, choosing fit-for-purpose software to enable effective monitoring and measurement of performance to contribute to overall improvements and efficiencies in each business unit.
7. Act as the central point for all site based and specifically fresh produce planning communications, managing activity closely within pre-set KPI's.
8. Provide daily and weekly reports with relevant data to aid decision making and continual improvement in our planning efficiencies.
9. Work closely with site-based logistics teams to effectively plan on and off-site storage of packaging and raw materials and timely haulage of finished product, reducing the requirement for stock holding to optimum levels.
10. Work closely with Purchasing colleagues to further optimise cost savings and efficiencies in purchasing decisions to fit to the production plan.