Birmingham, West Midlands
£300 - £330 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Recruiting for a Planner to manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment, manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of the project.
Opportunity is working on a long-term contract basis, based at their offices in Birmingham.
- Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Lead in what-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules and manage the interface between schedules.
- Support Professional Service Consultant's requirements working with the Project Controls Manager. Lead the evaluation of consultant interface reporting including earned value management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven skills in producing and reviewing programmes in P6.
- Qualified planning professional, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management relating to railway projects.
- Experience of planning within large, complex projects.
- Proven capability of developing and maintaining a programme, and a track record of effectively communicating the programme to senior management.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to engage, promote and influence across a broad range of stakeholders including the Executive, and internal and external stakeholders.