Vital Glasgow Construction
3 months ago
Vital resources have been employed by a main contractor in the east of Scotland, to assist them in appointing an experienced Planner to a major infrastructure project in the East.
Within this role, you would be expected to:
- Perform scheduling and planning activities as per tender and contract requirements.
- Create, maintain and review construction programmes and schedules
- Develop pre construction requirements and produce schedules to achieve construction dates
- Fully understand project programmes and schedules and communicate to the wider team
- Present written method statements and programme commentaries
- Co-ordinate work activity with external contractors, third parties, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Consult and negotiate with third parties including consultants, designers and developers as required.
- Provide information for and attend pre-tender, mid tender and post tender interviews or meetings.
- Undertake detailed analysis of delays in contract plans and report accordingly to line manager.
- Undertake revisions of project programmes as and when required
- Provide planning input/information for PQQs, tender responses including quality submissions
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Pre and post contract experience in a construction planning role on major projects
- Strong knowledge of planning requirements of different forms of construction contracts
- Strong understanding of modern building techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues
- Experienced user of Asta Powerproject, Primavera or MS Project
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Solid background in civil engineering
- Degree educated (preferable)
For this our client, is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
For more information, please contact Jamie Nicholson on 07717306822