£0.00 - £20.99 per hour + PAYE
26 days ago
Our client BAE are looking for a PipeFitter Team Leader to work at the Portsmouth site.
The role will consist of:
* Daily booking checks and validation to ensure team's attendance is correctly captured to ensure pay is correct and the company invoices hours for payment.
* Engage, listen and effectively communicate to teams of responsibility to optimise delivery performance.
* Teams of responsibility will range in size due to the scale and complexity of the work but will be between 1 to 12 or 1 to 16 with surge.
* Day to day responsibility of teams' performance management and development to include attendance, sickness, overtime approvals, training (where appropriate) and PDP's (Personal Development Plans).
* Lead a continuously improving culture within teams of responsibility that will provide year on year benefit
* Responsible for resource allocation ensuring team are SQEP to conduct tasks.
* Ensure compliance to production plans, Service Order scheduling and allocation of orders via selected toolsets
* Responsible and accountable for daily bookings and teams utilisation to ensure financial performance meets budgeted targets.
* Reviewing tasks to ensure they have been completed to required standards which will result in robust right first time work acceptance performance.
* Ensuring risk and method statements are in place and given so work is completed to the high SHE standards.
* Where appropriate -Will support a Cost Account Lead (CAM) for work packages across a class ensuring time, cost and quality.
Leadership (Requirements of the job for providing leadership and guidance to others)
* Management skills, demonstrating communication, listening and processes skills.
* Lead and coach teams to develop a new improving culture that will deliver efficiencies to our delivery methods, processes, systems and tools.
* Manage teams using firm, fair and consistent values ensuring positive interventions when necessary.
* Take ownership of apprentices and ensure they are given the level of training and support that will ensure future talent realisation.
* Responsible for identifying development within team by actively coaching and supporting apprentices and maintenance teams
* Provide knowledge and technical support to stakeholders to enable resolution to problems