£28000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + good benefits
8 months ago
Role: Pipe Stress Engineer - UK Nucelar New Build
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction
Salary: £25-48k + excellent benefits (salary dependant on experience)
Start: June 2018 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for a skilled and ambitious Pipe Stress Engineer / Piping Stress Engineer with experience of work on large construction projects to work as Piping Calculation Engineer for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with 2-8 years experience looking to further develop their career, though more experienced candidates will be considered.
This is an office based role based at the client's head office 2 minutes drive off of the M4 / M5 junction in Bristol.
The Piping Stress / Piping Calculation Engineer will be responsible for the flexibility analysis of piping networks. The role involves calculations for new piping networks as well as specific UK adaptations for existing networks from former EPR projects. Harmonisation of methods and transfer of information with teams in France is required.
Any previous experience of work in the nuclear industry would be of particular advantage, whilst other experience of work on 'heavy' regulated industry proejcts would also be useful.
Using extracts from the 3D model, the piping calculation engineer:
- Verifies, through calculations, the strength of the pipework under various sets of conditions (normal, upset, emergency and accident) and verifies the regulation criteria associated with these conditions
- Verifies the flexibility of the pipe runs and the forces transmitted to the various elements and in particular to the components and supports
- Prepares the corresponding final design calculation reports
- Writes the loading description reports
- Provides the loads on the supports to the supports calculation team
- Assists Layout engineers for the technical validation of important pipe routing modification
- May take part to surveillance activities for contracts managed by Sofinel
- The Piping Calculation Engineer reports to the Piping Calculation Group Leader.
- They work collaboratively with piping design engineers, piping CAD designers as well as with the layout & systems teams in the UK and France
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Knowledge of piping design and calculation is an asset
- Good ability to work with a 3D model and various tools.
- Knowledge of regulations (EN 13480 or ASME/RCC-M) is an asse
- Knowledge of PDMS (consultation and reporting) and use of a piping calculation software are desirable
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work for a respected and ambitious company at the forefront of the UK nucelar new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction