hourly negotiable rate
5 months ago
The Zephyr is a record breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere over many weeks. Zephyr has held the world record for the longest unrefuelled aeroplane flight since 2010 and after continuous development, the system is now poised to surpass this record and demonstrate its full potential.
Our client are to conduct a prolonged flight campaign in 2019 and require people with relevant technical and aviation ability and knowlegde to operate a remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) as part of a multi-person crew.
Beginning in early February 2019, selected candidates will undergo 7 weeks of specialist training at a facility in Farnborough UK, before deploying on a rotational basis to overseas locations.
This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
We are seeking contractors to perform in one of two roles: Pilot or Mission Planner. Training is common to both roles.
The roles will encompass the following tasks:
- Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
- System management and aircraft navigation from a ground control station
- Working with external stakeholders including payload operators, air traffic control authorities and customers
- General flight operations and support tasks
Essential Skills and Proven ability:
- You must have relevant technical, aviation and proven flying ability.
- Valid pilot's licence (fixed wing), ideally with multi-crew experience.
- Instructor and instrument ratings would be advantageous.
- Comparable military qualifications are equally welcome.
- You must have excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills to be able to work with stakeholders at all levels, both military and civilian.
- You must have proven ability of successful task delivery within a small-team environment with a demonstrable ability to make and implement complex risk-based decisions under pressure.