Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £21064.00 per annum
25 days ago
My Client Highways England are looking for an experienced PA to join their executive team based in Birmingham for an initial 6 month fixed term basis with the likelihood of the role going permanent as the role and the team expands.
As a personal Assistant you will provide support to 3 Divisional Director's; acting as a focal point of contact; managing the Director's diaries booking meetings, travel and hotels; processing expenses and carrying out other administrative tasks; to support the delivery of the business objectives. There will be the requirement to travel to support some meetings and you will also have the chance to be involved in some project and programme support.
- Act as first point of contact for the Director and manage their electronic communications, mail and incoming calls; ensuring that these are prioritised, that deadlines are considered, and that appropriate action is taken.
- Manage logistics for the Director including management of diary, travel planning and expenses, to ensure effective utilisation of the Director's time and value for money.
- Arrange meetings for which the Director has responsibility, ensuring that consideration is given to the most effective and efficient use of time and cost.
- Prepare correspondence, papers and presentations as required, and ensure that all meeting papers are provided in good time for the Director and attendees.
- Attend meetings and produce accurate records as required; maintain and update action log for all meetings attended by the Director.
- Maintain documents and files to ensure that these are accurate and up to date.
- Collate and analyse data and information and produce financial, resource and other reports to inform effective decision making.
- Develop and maintain the Director's filing system (paper and electronic), ensuring security of papers and liaising with the team's SHARE Information Manager where appropriate.
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues across Highways England and externally, to develop cooperation and contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- Experience of working in an administration or personal assistant role.
- Extensive Travel and Diary Management experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively with others in an office environment or delivering an efficient customer service
- Ability to use office software products to produce and maintain a range of documents and spreadsheets including good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write competent correspondence
- Demonstrable experience of excellent organisation skills