West End, London
about 1 month ago
Permitting Manager , Permanent, London, SW1Y 4PE
To mange the development of BRB's environmental permit applications and the Euratom A37-type submission for Bradwell B new nuclear power station. The post holder will be expected to manage the supply chain as well as act as internal subject matter expert in the field of environmental permitting.
The Permitting Manager will work as part of a small Planning Consents & Permits team and will also support the overall programme of Major Permissions from time to time.
- Independently responsible for the following work:
- Project management of BRB environmental permitting projects to secure both operational (including EP-RSR, Water and Combustion permits) and construction permits.
- Ensure alignment between permitting assumptions and the baseline project scope and ensure close coordination between permitting, project development/ design activities and coordinate with related licencing and organisational capability development work.
- Engaging with external stakeholders (including in particular the Environment Agency) in relation to environmental permitting.
- Actively engage in communications/ consultation activities associated with both the Planning Consents and Permits team and wider BRB Project.
- Managing overall delivery to cost, time, quality and to meet defined objectives.
- Identifying, specifying and managing contracts as required from time to time to support delivery, working closely with technical specialists and commercial management colleagues.
- Ensure best practice is implemented in relation to creation of evidence and management of documents and records.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
- A proven track record in the management and delivery of similar scopes of work.
- A qualification in a relevant discipline such as environmental science and chartered membership of a professional institution.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and experience of the legal and regulatory requirements for projects at all stages of the permitting process.
- Recent experience working in a permitting role in the nuclear sector.
- Experience of managing £multi-million professional services contracts (ideally in NEC forms).
- Track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled in their area of expertise.
- Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
- Experience of successfully engaging and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment