Up to £0.00 per annum
22 days ago
The Reporting team is an integral part of Programme Controls and provides visibility on Programme Performance to the Executive Leadership, Board, Sponsors, and other Stakeholders. The department is tasked with ensuring the information provided is a meaningful, accurate and relevant representation of the performance along with the identification of potential risks or opportunities.
The Performance Analyst will support the Programme using strategic performance analysis to identify and understand areas requiring performance improvement or constraint resolution so that they can be addressed by the Leadership team. They will provide support across the Programme in developing new reports or templates that accurately reflect the current and future performance of various projects or workstreams taking into account the interfaces between projects and departments. They will ensure communication of results is clear and communication the messages are delivered at the appropriate level and to a professional standard.
The overall purpose of the role is to maintain and direct our focus on performance, by identifying and helping secure improvements in the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the organisation.
To meet the following requirements.
- Work with the Head of Reporting to identify key strategic issues and address them through analysis and the management of (generally non-routine) project work
- Identify trends and forecasts based on current performance which are misaligned with other Programme areas and could lead to future risks or issues
- Quality review existing reports and dashboards to ensure they provide an accurate view of current and expected performance, and identify any misalignment with the messages being delivered
- Develop effective and high quality, high impact presentation and communication materials for use by Programme Controls Director, Head of Reporting, and other senior colleagues
- Provide independent, constructive, evidence-based challenge to accepted points of view
- Improve our client's understanding of performance analysis, quality of reporting, effective communication of performance, and availability of information to guide effective decision making.
- Act as a catalyst for cultural change, codifying and disseminating standards, guidelines and templates to help our client achieve excellence in data analysis, document design, reporting and presentation (and championing the sharing of best-practice across the organisation)
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for our client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client's information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Being able proactively to identify and prioritise the key issues and opportunities with the highest return
- Working flexibly on multiple projects simultaneously
- Gathering the right, high quality information and evidence quickly
- Making and influencing effective interventions, in a complex programme environment
- Providing very high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Working effectively with members of the other Support teams (through influence rather than control)
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Co-working with other members of the Programme Controls Team alongside delivery teams.
- Working with specialists in visual management
- Working with colleagues at all levels in the organisation to influence effectively (the key interfaces being with the Chief Executive Officer, Deputy CEO, Programme Controls Director, Chief of Staff, and their teams)
The person will need to have a broad set of skills and experience.
They must be a bright, structured thinker, with strong financial and performance analysis skills. Ideally they will have experience of major project delivery and an ability to report and communicate well verbally and in writing.
The role will cover a wide variety of work and, as such, is likely to suit someone with experience in either consulting (strategy, programme management, financial and performance), or finance roles.
Skills and experience
- Strong skills in performance data analysis and synthesis (including analysis of financial and operational data)
- Experience of working in a complex, changing, high calibre environment, for example in professional services or major programmes
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem solving skills (e.g. project planning, problem definition, options analysis, solution definition, change / journey management, embedding and measuring change)
- Understanding of risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to make complex information intelligible for audiences of all types
- Strong presentation skills, including data visualisation and the effective use of PowerPoint and Excel
Attitude and approach
- Resilient, energetic, curious, imaginative, insightful, confident and pragmatic
- Able to work independently, to prioritise effectively and to hit deadlines
- Natural attention to detail and a personal pride in and commitment to delivering work of the highest quality to tight deadlines
- A self-starter, motivated to improve performance
- Effective as part of a network, working across departments and hierarchies within a matrix organisation
- Able to listen and respond to other points of view
- Good academic record
- With a relevant professional qualification (e.g. MBA, ACA, CIMA or RICS)