Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Morson, Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Draughtsman , Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Hinkley Point, Energy Sector
£28000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + good benefits
5 months ago
Role: PDMS Piping CAD Designer - UK Nuclear New Build, Bristol
Location: North-West Bristol, 2 minutes' drive from junction of M4 / M5 motorways
Salary: £25000 - £40000 + good benefits
Start date: September 2018 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance - longer notice will happily be considered for the right candidate)
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced Piping CAD Designers experienced in the use of PDMS to work for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Previous nuclear industry experience, especially EPR reactor experience, would be advantageous, but candidates without this will happily be considered.
Our client will be responsible for producing most of the construction drawings for the new Hinkley 'C' power station project.
The role will be located in Bristol, 2 minutes' drive off of the junction of the M4 / M5 motorways.
The Piping Designer will be responsible for the detailed design of the pipes.
They may specialise in the design (including calculation) of piping (or also electrical or HVAC) supports.
Proficiency in the use of PDMS is ideally required for the role, though candidates without this will be considered at the low/mid end of the salary bracket to allow for training (c£33k for an experienced candidate).
Candidates should ideally have experience of work on piping design / CAD projects for large construction / build projects (e.g. large structures, power stations, large office buildings, ships, oil and gas plants, ect).
For piping designers:
- Creates a piping design file for each analysis unit, following the routing of pipes in the 3D model designed by the layout designers
- Incorporates in this design files all the necessary data for the various teams involved in the overall piping design process (flexibility calculation, design and calculation of supports)
- Checks the consistency of the data in the design file:
- The list of valves and the list of pipes and specifications
- The correct integration of requested modifications to pipe routings
- The specifications for pipes and associated accessories (flanges, elbows, reducers, etc.)
- The presence of openings and ducting
- Layout drawings of components (mechanical and ventilation equipment) and isometric drawings
- Absence of clashes
- Performs a permanent check on compliance with the layout rules specific to piping design (distance between runs, position of welds and openings, etc.)
- Performs draft isometrics for checking purposes
For support designers:
- Designs the piping supports (clamp, beams, anchor plate...) and models them in the 3D model
- With input data provided by the piping calculation team, performs the calculation of the support, with abacus or software
- Finalises the design of the supports in PDMS to make them ready to be sent to the contractor for execution activities
- Some designers will specialise in electrical or HVAC supports design in connection with the layout team
For the right candidate, or client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work for a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build programme with excellent career development and advancement prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction