Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Draughtsman , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Energy Sector , Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
£28000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits
23 days ago
Role: Multi-discipline PDMS CAD / Routing / Layout Designer (2 of Mechanical / piping / HVAC / Cable Tray / electrical / steelwork)
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4 / M5 junction
Salary: £28000 - £40000 + excellent benefits
Start Date: Expected start April 2019 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced CAD Designers with PDMS and AutoCAD experience and possessing excellent multi-discipline (plant) layout experience (i.e experience in a variety of areas, for instance piping, civil, structural, steelwork, hvac, cable tray, etc) to work as Layout CAD designers for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Our client will be responsible for producing the construction drawings required for construction of the new Hinkley 'C' power station in Somerset.
The role will be located in Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of the junction of the M4 / M5.
Candidates should ideally be experienced in the use of PDMS and have experience of work on layout for large construction / build projects (e.g. large structures, power stations, large office buildings, ships, oil and gas plants, ect).
The PDMS layout CAD Designer creates the PDMS-3D model and produces 2D and 3D deliverables based on the input data provided and in accordance to the applicable design procedures and instructions.
- Creating and modifying ofthePDMS3D-Model, by modelling
- components and equipment,
- civil structure,
- pipe lines,
- HVAC ducts and components,
- Electrical cable trays, boxes and cabinets
- according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the tractability is maintained throughout the model.
- Carrying out layout engineering (positioning of equipment, pipe routings etc.), ensuring that the Layout Rules are correctly followed
- When requests for changes are issued by the various engineering teams, he/she incorporates the changes into the 3D model, having checked their technical consistency.
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the Building Layout/Civil Leader, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model. Produces 2D drawings associated with layout engineering (general layout drawing division into fire safety zones, etc.).
- Performing of 2D-3D-Checks (3D-Model check against P&ID, Single line diagrams etc.)
- Performing component introduction, installation or maintenance simulations; preparing layout studies.
He/she is assigned to one of the buildings on the nuclear island and his/her activity is coordinated by the Civil and Layout Engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Mechanical engineering technician OR higher education
- Design office experience - Knowledge of several areas of engineering (pipework, hvac, electricity, civil engineering, etc.)
- PDMS and/or Auto-CAD experience
- Experience in the nuclear sector
- Experience in plant layout engineering
Knowledge and technical skills:
Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules.
Knowledge of the technical constraints associated with plant layout / plant design.
Knows how to deal with design and layout constraints.
Software and tools: Good knowledge of PDMS software (3D) and Autocad 2D (or knowledge in similar 3D, 2D software application).
For the right candidate, or client can offer a salary of up to £40000 along with an excellent benefits package, as well as the opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career development and advancement prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction