5 months ago
PCB Technologies Engineer
Stevenage - 6 month contract - Pay rate negotiable
We are looking to recruit a PCB Engineer to work for our defence client in Stevenage. This will initially be a 6 month contract, but could potentially extend.
- Propose board technology and structure for a PCB layout designer to use after consultation with PCB fabricators, particularly for circuit designs requiring controlled impedance.
- Assess mechanical design concepts for practicality of electrical routing & conformance to PCB design rules.
- Resolve conflicts within rules set and conflicts between rules and the circuit design requirements that the PCB layout designer, PCB fabricator or board assembler may encounter.
- Provide mechanical and thermal property data of PCBs to Mechanical Engineering.
- Based on adjudged level of risk, conduct mechanical vibration/shock & thermal assessments of boards.
- Provide specialist advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate.
- Proven ability undertaking similar responsibilities on complex PCBs, ideally within the defence industry.
- Working effectively in collaboration with mechanical & electronic designers, PCB layout group, PCB fabricators & manufacturing (board assembly).
- Being able to clearly communicate to mechanical & electronic designers any PCB limitations associated with their initial proposals and influencing the adoption of alternative solutions.
- Working to tight or critical timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority.
Please note due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum) clearance.