4 months ago
PCB Layout Engineer
Rugeley, Staffordshire - 6 month duration (+)
We are looking to recruit a PCB Layout Engineer with proven ability of PCB layout and Schematic Capture gained within a safety critical/regulated/IPC-2221 Class 3 type environment. You shall be working for a leading company in power management and control, specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of novel power dense, high integrity electronics for the defence and power industries.
You will form an essential part of the electronics capability, working closely with design engineers you will be expected to produce highly reliable PCBs to specific customer requirements. Showing a high level of production, design and implementation skills, you will take responsibility for the layout of PCBs in business critical high quality hardware products to tight deadlines.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop PCBs that successfully meet with the overall objectives of specific projects.
You will be expected to have a broad knowledge of PCB, electronics design and application; this will include:
- Close liaison with other engineers to create robust designs
- Collaboration with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of mechanical and thermal design aspects.
- Liaison with PCB manufacturers to clarify design requirements and resolve problems encountered manufacturing bare boards and assemblies
- Analysis and review of analogue & digital circuits
- Proven ability undertaking PCB design
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge in using Zuken CADSTAR
- Produced layouts to IPC 2221 class 3, or similar
- Excellent component and standards knowledge
- Rapid learner, flexible and adaptable engineer
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and to work to strict customer requirements
- A proven track record of product design and verification in a relevant environment
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews, etc
- IPC Certified Interconnect Designer (CID) qualified
Due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all applicants will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Clearance and must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) once in position.