3 months ago
A PCB Electronic Design Engineer is sought to Design PCB's, maintain CAD libraries and provide electronics resource. This is a 6 month initial contract based in Dorset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED
A PCB Design Engineer, with considerable proven ability in Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for mixed signal circuits, power circuits and radio frequency (RF) circuits.
The candidate should have strong ability in designing PCBs using CADSTAR or similar PCB CAD software. This should include schematic capture, layout and CAM processing. It is also necessary to have a good understanding of the particular requirements for laying out Digital, mixed signal, power and RF circuits.
Additional responsibilities include the development and maintenance of PCB CAD component libraries and the maintenance of electronics components within the company's PLM system.
A secondary aspect of the role is to develop prototype electronic circuits in a laboratory environment.
For this, some knowledge in electronic design would be beneficial. Also, some electronic circuit design and associated instrumentation knowledge is desirable, as well as the ability to collate.
The successful candidate will develop solutions in accordance with the company's Engineering Process Lifecycle, ensuring that functional and non-functional system requirements and technical specifications are fully satisfied and delivering in accordance with work package agreement budgets and timescales.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Create and maintain schematic, PCB designs and Bills Of Material using ORCAD and PCB CAD software (CADSTAR) and TeamCenter;
- Design mixed signal circuits both from own schematics and from schematics generated by other design engineers.
- Carry out updates to Schematics and PCB designs as directed by design engineers;
- Create and maintain PCB component libraries within the Schematic / PCB CAD and PLM systems;
- Collaborate with electrical / electronic designers to ensure integrity of electrical / electronic design aspects;
- Collaborate with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of mechanical and thermal design aspects;
- Liaise with PCB manufacturers to clarify design requirements and resolve problems encountered manufacturing bare boards;
- Liaise with contract electronics manufacturers to clarify design requirements and resolve problems encountered manufacturing populated PCB assemblies;
- Working with PCB manufacturers / assemblers to understand their production capabilities and limitations to enable our PCB designs to be reliably and cost effectively produced;
- Generating technical procurement specifications and working with suppliers;
- Providing designs and supporting documentation at an appropriate level for each project;
- Through-life maintenance of PCB designs and schematics, updating designs to manage obsolescence, changes of operational use and/or remedy of emergent issues;
- Discussing and solving problems with procurement and production departments, sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Maintaining schematic / PCB design documentation; applying effective change management and configuration control;