Manchester, Greater Manchester
£100 - £150 per day
Rail Technical Team
27 days ago
Job Title: Payroll Team Manager
Job Type: Contract
Rate: £100-£150 per day (inside scope of IR35)
Duration: ASAP - 31.7.2019
Deliver a technical payroll service ensuring employees are paid right first time delivering against KPI's and SLA's with attention to excellent customer service. Driving an audit and control environment, complying with statutory, regulatory, contractual, customs & excise and group policy regulations.
1. Lead administrators responsible for running a complex in-house and bureau payroll processing activities to achieve key performance objectives and targets.
2. Lead the payroll team to undertake all work activities consistent with, relevant legislation and corporate activities, shared service and procedures, centre of excellence principles and corporate risk assessments.
3. Maintain payroll technical and professional knowledge and team compliance with current regulations governing and operated within the payroll cycle.
4. Maintain best practice and standardisation in the provision of advice and guidance to stakeholders to certify requirements are met whilst compliant.
5. Manage induction and development of the team and cross train to ensure high levels of consistent knowledge across the team maintaining process documentation and training plans.
6. Operate within the pre-agreed control framework within the payroll team, embedding an audit and control mind set for delivery of first-class customer experience. Continually reviewing the framework for adherence and embed improvements where required. Work with all parties to reduce risk and the cost of control.
8. Represent the team within the Shared Services people forum, developing peer group people initiatives, consistency in the application of people policies and improvement in centre wide engagement levels.
9. Drive an inclusive culture where individuals can be themselves and are free to challenge existing process without discouragement. Encourage a culture of operational responsibility where individuals take personal ownership for delivery.
* Full membership qualification of the CIPP professional body or equivalent
* Experience of leading and empowering a team within a shared service centre environment
* Exceptional customer focus/engagement/stakeholder management skills
* Excellent stakeholder management skills; a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of colleagues within a large and complex organisation
* Exceptional analytical and accounting skills
* Experience of delivering continuous improvement programmes
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of auditing and compliance to a process
* Experience of working to a legislative framework and within agreed timescales
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Experience of wider finance processes and accounting policies
* ORACLE eBusiness Suite experience
* Experience in LEAN or equivalent
* Exceptional experience of KPI turnaround from underperforming to performing exceptionally
* Must be fully qualified - CIPP
* People management including absence performance and disciplinary cases
* Payroll technical support, advice and guidance to the team, including pension and salary sacrifice