Salford, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Leading North West recruiter MUFC are currently looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Supervisor to join their well established Payroll and wider Finance function on a permanent based in Trafford, Manchester.
Reporting into the Head of Payroll, you will supervise and coordinate the daily operations and activities of the payroll processing team. To provide support to the Head of Payroll as required and focus on continuous improvement of controls, processes and procedures.
Role & Responsibilities
- Supervise and co-ordinate the daily work activities of the processing team by assigning, organising and prioritising as required.
- Review and evaluate performance of team members in accordance with the Company's PDR process.
- Make recommendations to the Head of Payroll and assist in developing and implementing new and/or revised policies/procedures/controls to ensure efficient processing of the Company's Payrolls.
- Ensure on-going compliance with legislative mandates and statutes.
- Responsible for submission of all year-end returns to HMRC including P60's and P11D.
- Accurately prepare the P11D data for submission.
- Ensure RTI submissions are accurate and timely.
- Work closely with the Head of Payroll and assist with internal and external auditors during audit process by providing documents, reports and other payroll-related matter upon request, and to implement procedural changes as recommended by auditors.
- Responsibility for the end to end processing of one or more of the Company's payrolls.
- Ensure payroll journals are posted to the Accounts in a timely manner and to understand the importance of providing accurate data for costing purposes.
- Provide ad-hoc information/reports to Management as required.
- Reconcile, on a monthly basis, payroll related balance sheet accounts.
- Respond effectively to correspondence received from employees and third parties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Work closely with the IT Department to identify opportunities to increase effectiveness of computer operations, system utilisation, response time, and software capabilities/needs.
- To work in conjunction with the IT Department to develop, test and implement system upgrades and/or enhancements
- Provide ad-hoc support and assistance to the Head of Payroll as required.
- To communicate with staff at all levels.
- Deal promptly and efficiently with day to day queries in a way that projects a professional image both internally and externally.
- To play an active part as a member of the Payroll team contributing to the overall aims of the department with emphasis on continuous improvement and enhancement of the function.
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and specifically with other members of the Payroll team & Finance team, HR Department, Operational Management and Supervision, and employees in general with regard to matters concerning pay.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times and to adhere to the Company's policy in respect of Data Protection Compliance.
- To maintain a neat, tidy and safe work area ensuring good housekeeping at all times within the Payroll Office.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Minimum 12 -18 month commercial payroll experience.
- Experience of managing numerous payrolls for a large business, including overseas payrolls.
- Team management skills and experience running a team.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation.
- Experience of working with various payroll software, ideally CoreHR.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and action process improvements.
- IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel).
- Good attention to detail
In return, the company offers fantastic benefits, longevity and significant career progression