Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £16.11 per hour
2 months ago
Payroll Supervisor; Crawley; Contract; £16.11/hr PAYE
Working for our client based in Crawley, we are looking for a payroll administrator to be part of the team where the purpose of the role is to deliver a timely, accurate and robust payroll for the company's UK employees, working in conjunction with the payroll provider.
The role will involve the day to day administration of the company's payroll, dealing with escalated issues arising and acting as a subject matter expert in the team. In addition, this role will be required to work closely with the outsourced payroll provider to review performance and agree action in conjunction with the Payroll Manager to improve process to maintain high quality output.
- Outsourced payroll provider
- Payroll Team
- Line Managers and Employee population the business
- Heads of HR
- Other teams within HR Operations (Employee relations team, Business Analyst, HR Shared Services, HRISl)
- HR Centre of Excellence Leads and Delivery teams
Key Responsibilities and Tasks;
- Day to day administration of payroll, ensuring employees pay is processed in line with company.
- Working with the outsourced payroll provider to tight monthly deadlines to deliver an accurate and timely payroll.
- Providing accurate information to the outsourced payroll provider and ensuring the output received is correct and in line with expectations.
- Managing payroll processes appropriately and effectively to minimise business impact.
- Dealing with all aspects of employee and HR payroll queries received through case management systems, telephone and face-to-face in accordance with operating protocols, KPIs and SLAs.
- Engaging with the outsourced payroll provider on a regular basis to ensure performance is reviewed on a regular basis and clear action is agreed and documented to improve payroll outcomes.
- Participating in internal meetings to review internal performance and agree areas for improvement.
- Acting as a role model for the HR function, actively promoting and supporting the UK people strategy and ensuring appropriate channels are utilised.
- Working closely with other stakeholders within HR to ensure delivery and implementation of change activity and system implementation.
- Demonstrating a specific contribution to the business through agreed metrics and KPIs.
- Acting as an advocate for Company values at all times and ensuring others act as role models within the function.
- Working as part of an integrated and collaborative HR function that is focussed on driving business success.
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
- Achievements of agreed process metrics and SLAs
- Customer Satisfaction survey metrics against process delivery
Your essential skills;
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills - able to identify improved working methods to deal with challenges.
- High degree of numeracy, able to work with high volumes of numerical data
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - particularly proficient with Excel.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and remain calm and resilient under pressure
- Methodical and organised - committed to seeing tasks through to completion
- Confidentiality and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
- Customer orientation
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Able to organise and plan own time with flexibility and ability to prioritise multiple activities
- Good team player with strong decision-making capability within area of responsibility
- Able to challenge and influence behaviours and promote high standards
- Self-starter with initiative and innovative spirit
Essential experience will include;
- Minimum 2 years' experience of working in a payroll environment or working with an outsourced payroll provider.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous administration experience where confidentiality and accuracy was paramount.
- Working against defined case metrics and SLA principles
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office.
It would be desirable if you have previous experience of working with an outsourced payroll provider
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Good GCSEs in English and Mathematics
Morson are acting as the recruitment business for this role on behalf of the client.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; P11D; end to end payroll; corporate payroll.