Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£19000 - £21000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
Our Client is a national provider of comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings - including financial institutions, retail outlets, property specialists, corporate premises, government departments, education and health services and social housing landlords. They are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to be based in Newcastle.
Provide a comprehensive payroll service to all designated colleagues. Ensuring that all employees are paid correctly and on time. Also to understand the nature and ethos of the company's delivery of support to all stakeholders both internal & external.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Process payrolls from start to finish for all designated employees
* Manual Calculation of tax and national insurance when required
* Calculate payments in relation to SMP SSP SHPP
* Enter all payroll data accurately
* Ensure that telephone queries are dealt with efficiently and precisely
* Produce and complete Excel spreadsheets as and when required
* Assist with the production of P11d's as and when required
* Ensure that the payroll department is maintained in a professional tidy, and organized manner at all times.
* Maintain effective communication and support to the business and colleagues
QAULIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Qualified to CIPP technician standard or equivalent
* Knowledge of all aspects of HMRC legislation in relation to payroll
* Knowledge of pension legislation (WPAE)
* High standard of knowledge in relation to Excel Word & Power Point
* Understanding of Real Time Information (RTI)
* Knowledge of I-Trent payroll system (essential)
Please note this is a contract role for a 6 month period.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.