North West England, England
£15 - £25 per hour
about 1 month ago
My Salford based client have an urgent requirement for an experienced Payroll Specialist to assist with an ongoing HMRC Audit.
The business are currently transferring from their current payroll system (KCS Snowdrop) and are migrating to the new payroll system (SAP). They require an individual to take responsibility for managing requests / queries and undertake any recalculations within the current Snowdrop system ensuring that any payments required are sent to the relevant SAP team for processing.
This is a completely new role and a new situation for the business therefore the successful candidate will need to be comfortable in ambiguous situations and have the ability to seek/recommend solutions based on knowledge/experience in other payroll focused roles.
At this time the volume of work and therefore the duration of the contract and hours are unknown - this is dependant on the volume of activity from the HMRC audit however the contract will continue for 3 months minimum with the view that it may extend beyond this point until the transfer work is complete.
- Excellent knowledge of KCS Snowdrop payroll system and understanding of SAP
- Experienced in running a payroll from start to completion
- Understanding of payroll calculations including reworking previous calculations
- The ability to understand, process and manage queries from HMRC
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Problem solver
- Self motivated
- Can work in ambiguous situations with ambiguous processes
- Experience of managing an HMRC audit (not essential)
The successful candidate will come from a payroll background experienced in using systems such as Snowdrop and SAP and also be comfortable in leading the payroll to completion.