Up to £200.00 per day
4 months ago
I am recruiting for a Payroll Specialist for my Infrastructure Client. The purpose of the role is to provide Payroll operational specialist support within the Payroll service.
The role holder will ensure the Payroll processes and procedures remain accurate, effective and efficient for both weekly paid and salaried employees and ensure accurate and efficient compiling of payroll information and completion of all required tasks and reports accurately, including preparation of the BACS file.
Maintain records to ensure timely enforcement of HRMC Legislative regulations. Handle confidential and commercially sensitive information with integrity as guided by the Payroll Manager.
* Work effectively providing professional administrative support as part of the Payroll Team. Undertaking and share transactional duties as delegated to meeting all requirements and deadlines to ensure the successful running of the Payroll service.
* Ensure all payroll inputs are timely and accurately captured and recorded
* Update payroll static and transactional records by reviewing and processing changes accurately in accordance with Company Policy and Legislative requirements.
* Preparation of the weekly and monthly BACS files for accurate and timely submission
* Provide clear and complete explanations to internal colleagues and members of staff to assist with their understanding of complex payroll & pensions queries, eg. PAYE, NI and Salary Sacrifice
* Professionally answer queries from external agencies such as (but not limited to) HMRC and DWP accurately in a timely manner
* Actively contribute in the Payroll team meetings aimed at continually appraising processes to ensure the service is consistently being developed.
* Oversee and provide support to the Payroll Team to ensure all payroll transaction responsibilities are carried out to the required auditing standards
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
Skills and experience required:
* Experienced in-house experience, start to completion processing weekly and monthly payroll
* Working on a structured payroll with at least 1000 employees
* A strong customer focus - demonstrating a thorough understanding of customer needs (eg. dealing promptly with payroll queries
* Managing confidential information and ensuring information security protocols are adhere
* The administrative and clerical demands of running payroll services to deadline
* Excellent PC skills and knowledge MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)