City of London, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum
19 days ago
My client, a well known global leisure brand are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to help during their busy period.
Provide Payroll operational specialist support within the Payroll service. You will help ensure the Payroll processes and procedures remain accurate, effective and efficient for both weekly paid and salaried employees. Ensuring accurate and efficient compiling of payroll information and completion of all required tasks and reports accurately and on time including preparation of the BACS file for accurate and timely submission. Maintaining records to ensure timely enforcement of HRMC Legislative regulations. Handle confidential and commercially sensitive information with integrity as guided by the Payroll Manager.
- On a day to day basis, work effectively providing professional administrative support as part of the Payroll Team. Undertaking and share transactional duties as delegated to meeting all requirements and deadlines to ensure the successful running of the Payroll service.
Use creative solutions to improve and develop internal processes to guarantee an accurate and efficient evolving Payroll service
- Ensure all payroll inputs are timely and accurately captured and recorded and that all Payroll output is accurate and timely
- Produce accurate and timely information (eg. MI reports) as required by the business
- Update payroll static and transactional records by reviewing and processing changes accurately in accordance with Company Policy and Legislative requirements.
- Preparation of the weekly and monthly BACS files for accurate and timely submission
- Provide clear and complete explanations to internal colleagues and members of staff to assist with their understanding of complex payroll & pensions queries, eg. PAYE, NI and Salary Sacrifice
- Professionally answer queries from external agencies such as (but not limited to) HMRC and DWP accurately in a timely manner
- Actively contribute in the Payroll team meetings aimed at continually appraising processes to ensure the service is consistently being developed.
- Oversee and provide support to the Payroll Team to ensure all payroll transaction responsibilities are carried out to the required auditing standards
- Working alongside other areas of the business to ensure the business is sufficiently informed to understand payroll processes, ensuring they are correctly understood and followed
Skills / Experience
- All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards
- Minimum 5 years' 'hands on' experience in-house start to completion Payroll processing
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of Payroll Legislation including (but not limited to) PAYE, NI and SMP and how the Legislative requirements are correctly applied to the Payroll function
- Working with payroll and using a computerised payroll system
- Working on a structured payroll with at least 1000 employees
- The administrative and clerical demands of running payroll services to deadline