Salford, Greater Manchester
5 months ago
Job Title: Payroll/Accounts Assistant
We are looking to recruit an experienced and capable finance administrator to assist with our over-payments recovery process within our Contractor Care & Compliance Team at our Head Office in Manchester.
Reporting to the Contractor Support & Compliance Manager you will be responsible for dealing with the following:
- MUST be able to calculate MANUAL PAYE Calculations
- AAT Qualified (or equivalent)
- Process overpayment adjustments to contractor payroll records
- Debt recovery for the above
- Weekly reconciliation of above adjustments and debt recovery to nominal accounts reports
- Review Bank Statement daily to identify payroll related recovery of funds
- Weekly/monthly Auto Enrolment Pension admin duties, to include weekly/monthly pension file upload to pension provider
- Reconciliation of pension records to nominal accounts reports
- Preparation of Limited Company contractors Intermediary Reports required by HMRC
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Qualities
- A background in payroll is essential as is experience of debt recovery and nominal accounts reconciliation work.
- Ability to carry out manual PAYE calculations is an essential skill requirement; this will be tested at interview stage.
- Qualified to AAT standard with a general payroll/accounting background
- Due to the nature of the workload including calls, defined timelines of response and the need to deal with these accurately and comprehensively, we are looking for candidates who are able to work under pressure and to a high standard with a degree of independence
- Candidates should have a polite, assertive and professional telephone manner and be able to multi task, whilst meeting demanding deadlines. Appropriate training will of course be given.