Salford, Greater Manchester
£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
13 days ago
My client, an established Utility and Infrastructure Service provider have experienced significant growth over the past 10 years and are looking for a Payroll Officer to join their fast paced Salford based team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive and accurate payroll service across the business.
- To support the Payroll Manager to provide a timely and accurate payroll system.
- To provide comprehensive first line advice to employees and managers within the business
- Support the processing and running of the end to end fortnightly payroll, including the collation and distribution of time sheets for both direct employees and labour only subcontractors
- Support the department in all aspects of administration, including starters and leavers across the business whilst maintaining and updating the payroll systems.
- Ensuring all necessary payments are made within the deadlines set, for example Pension Contributions and BACS Salary Payments
- The production and distribution of management reports
- Reconciliation of weekly time-sheets along with the input of overtime and bonus payments.
- Ensuring current payroll legislation knowledge is up to date and in line with HMRC, with procedures updated accordingly.
- Previous payroll experience essential, with the use of Sage payroll package preferable.
- IT literate - Competent in Microsoft Office package, with a sound knowledge of Excel
- Sound knowledge and understanding of statutory requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Process CIS payroll
This role will suit someone looking to really progress within their career within a growing and secure business.