Salford, Greater Manchester
£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Reports to: Payroll Manager
Location: Salford, Manchester
About the Business
My client safely delivers and maintains essential water, gas, and electricity supplies for millions of customers daily.
Since starting the Company in 2000, they have grown considerably and now employ more than 1900 people across the North West, Yorkshire, and The Midlands.
To support the continual growth of the business I am looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer to join the team on a full time basis, based at Head Office in Salford.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive and accurate payroll service across the business.
* To support the Payroll Manager to provide a timely and accurate payroll system.
* To provide comprehensive first line advice to employees and managers within the business
* Support the processing and running of the end to end fortnightly payroll, including the collation and distribution of time sheets for both direct employees and labour only subcontractors
* Support the department in all aspects of administration, including starters and leavers across the business whilst maintaining and updating the payroll systems.
* Ensuring all necessary payments are made within the deadlines set, for example Pension Contributions and BACS Salary Payments
* The production and distribution of management reports
* Reconciliation of weekly timesheets along with the input of overtime and bonus payments.
* Ensuring current payroll legislation knowledge is up to date and in line with HMRC, with procedures updated accordingly.
* Previous payroll experience essential, with the use of Sage payroll package preferable.
* Be IT literate - Competent in Microsoft Office package, with a sound knowledge of Excel
* Sound knowledge and understanding of statutory requirements
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
* Able to work in an organised manner to meet important deadlines
* Process CIS payroll