West Lothian, Scotland
£19400.00 - £21900.00 per annum
4 days ago
3 - 6 months
I am recruiting for a Payroll Assistant to undertake payroll control and reconciliation processes associated with the calculation and disbursement of salaries for employees. Dealing with customers and service enquiries on payroll related matters.
The purpose of the job is to undertake the control of changes made to HR and payroll related information stored on the HR System
- Ensuring the accurate update of HR and payroll related information on the system
- Generation of reports, process ledger interface and BACs transmissions
- Monitor / analyse document checking progress
- Carry out all duties associated with the Employee Benefit Scheme
- Carry out pay analysis and ensure accurate system changes
- Prepare all year-end output, ensure processes and returns are undertaken accurately and timely
- Produce all pay related outputs including pay advice, P60s and P11Ds.
- Provide payslip insert service
- Ensuring contract documentation and statements of particulars issued to employees, elected members and providers of services to the Council are accurate
- Provision of payroll reconciliation in respect of BACS, Income Tax and National Insurance
- Provide advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of conditions and regulations relating to payroll activity
- Prepare payments to employees and remittances to third parties
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Previous experience in payroll practice and procedures.
- Conversant with Inland Revenue and DSS regulations.
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy within strict timescales.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT Skills.