US$18.00 - US$20.00 per hour
8 months ago
Job Title: Payroll Clerk
El Cajon, CA
Under minimal supervision, ensures accurate and timely processing of hourly and salaried payroll.
1. Reviews data prepared by data processing for reasonableness and accuracy.
2. Identifies problems existing between data collection and the paperwork processed to change an employee status. Coordinates with appropriate individuals.
3. Updates employee information in computer data base.
4. Completes all steps, including voluntary employee deductions and garnishment calculations, necessary to process and actually produce payroll checks for all employees
5. Balances registers with appropriate reports and balances B/L input.
6. Distributes all payroll checks and creates handchecks, as required.
7. Prepares annual W-2 forms for all employees, prepares company tax returns and makes payroll tax payments on a timely basis.
8. Responds to employee inquiries and interfaces regularly with various departments in the company.
Requires 5 years of payroll experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be knowledgeable of current California and Federal payroll tax laws, be familiar with payroll tax and an automated payroll systems, preferably ADP.
Must be proficient with a 10 key by touch.
Requires good communication skills and the ability to deal with a high-volume workload.