Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
Vital Bristol Technology
22 days ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Payroll Assistant to be based in Wythenshawe, Manchester.
- Processing payrolls as quickly and as accurately as possible.
- A hands-on role, involved with payroll processing, to ensure payments are made to employees accurately and on time
- Maximising personal knowledge of all payroll systems, IT systems and payroll legislation to ensure optimum use of all available resources
- Ability to organise personal workload to meet departmental deadline.
- Actively participating in Team Meetings, undertaking follow up actions as required.
- Providing sample data for all internal and external audits and answering queries raised by auditors.
- Providing payroll data to third parties only where the Company is legally obliged or legally able to do so, to maintain confidentiality and integrity of all payroll data.
- Modifying processes and procedures to enable the department to undertake business continuity/disaster recovery procedures
- Optimising personal productivity to ensure that the payroll team meets its Payroll Service level targets
- Working diligently to avoid errors on the payrolls and working with HR and site administrators to minimise all types of mistakes on the payroll. This will help reduce and ideally avoid overpayments, re-work, special runs and faster payments.
- Requesting BACS re-calls, manual re-calculations, special runs and faster payments, as required, to minimise the financial impact of errors on employees and Company Profit and Loss accounts.
- Considering the impact that payroll transactions have on the general ledger when making adjustments on the payroll.
- Ensuring that requests made to the payroll service provider are subsequently actioned on the payroll.
- Requesting re-calculations of payslips where necessary to determine overpayment values. Recording overpayments in the overpayment log. Working with HR to provide breakdowns of overpayments to assist with debt recovery from staff and former employees.
- Providing assistance to site contacts and employees, when requested, to provide an effective payroll service to sites.
- Liaising with the HR SS team to optimise the flow of payroll data both into and out of the payroll department.
- Answering employee queries, to ensure that employees are informed about their payments and deductions.
- Running reports and interface files on a regular and/or ad-hoc basis
- Liaising with HMRC, Courts and other third party contacts to ensure that employee records etc. are updated in a timely manner.
- Assisting with training site contacts
- Working with other payroll team members to achieve an effective team environment that can respond to change.
- Willingness to participate as a full team member of which he/she is not necessarily a leader.
- Effectively contributing to the team, even when the team is working on something that is of no direct personal interest.
- Behaving in a courteous and professional manner when interacting with fellow team members and the Head of Payroll. Providing assistance to colleagues and sites when requested to do so.
- Payroll Administration Experience
- Good basic knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Must be PC Literate (Excel - basic level, Word - basic)
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Experience of working on a large / high volume payroll e.g. 400 weekly employees
- Knowledge of ADP's Freedom payroll software
- IPPM Foundation in Payroll Administration (or part way through studying/willing to study)
- Knowledge of Qtac payslip checking software
- Private Medical insurance experience an advantage
- Experience of running the payroll process "end to end"
- Pension Scheme administration experience
- Experience of using JD Edwards (accounting software)
Ability to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Adheres to Company and Statutory policies and procedures.
- Modifies their approach/methods to reach a goal.
- Willing to participate and be an effective contributor to the team.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compliance and flexibility
- Develops a personal style that is not likely to be abrasive to colleagues or sites.
- Able to evaluate data and courses of action and to reach logical decisions.
- Enthusiastically handles the details and paperwork associated with the job.
- Believes in their own job and its value to the organisation.
- Puts in extra effort, even though it may not always be in their own self-interest.
- Sets high personal performance standards
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Hours of work: 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.