Payroll Advisor - IMMEDIATE START
My Client, a British infrastructure, aviation, energy and civil engineering company are looking for an experienced payroller to join their Runcorn based team on a an initial temporary basis.
We are looking for a dynamic payroll advisor who enjoys problem solving and closing down queries. Someone with a high level of interpersonal skills, able to provide feedback to key stakeholders and manage issues through to resolution.
You will be trained on how to run the various payrolls we operate (7 in total) in order to ensure delivery of a high level of service, processing accurate and timely payrolls in compliance with statutory regulations.
What will I be responsible for?
- Processing payrolls from beginning to end in accordance with current legislation, policies and processes, and time lines.
- Ensuring that all payroll transactions are approved by an appropriately authorised person.
- Checking and integrating information for new employees.
- Processing leavers.
- Calculation of holiday payments, PILON and other associated termination payments.
- Calculation of absence including sickness, leave and statutory payments.
- Processing other payments/deductions, including auto-enrolment, SAYE, court orders, CMS payments and contractual payments.
- Ensuring that audit and statutory requirements are met.
- Inputting statutory changes, P45, P46, P6, and P9, student loan notices and court orders.
- Ensuring all payrolls under your responsibility are processed and paid on time, and ensure pensions, PAYE/NI, SAYE etc. are paid on time.
- Payroll reports are created and distributed to the business and third parties as necessary, reporting errors to the payroll team leader.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure sensitive files are protected appropriately.
- Ensure payroll deadlines are met and quality levels are maintained.
- Trackers & logs are kept up to date.
- Assisting with monitoring the payroll inbox and dealing with queries in a timely manner.
- Supporting on a range of Payroll and HR projects.
- Perform any other tasks associated with payroll administration to complete payrolls within agreed deadlines
- Policies & procedures are followed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of payroll legislation and internal policies & procedures.
Core qualifications and experience:
- Proven payroll knowledge and legislation
- Knowledge of UK manual tax and national insurance calculations
- A confident user of Excel, Word,
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, and the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Invested in promoting a customer care/service-based approach and operate with discretion
- The ability to be pro-active, flexible, and adaptable while problem solving when required
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, growing environment
The role will be based on an initial 3-6 month rolling contract with the possibility of extension and will be based onsite at their Runcorn offices - COVID guidance to be followed at all times.