Salford, Greater Manchester
PR - LR - MCR_1551959036
3 months ago
Reports To: Payroll Manager
Job Base: Head Office, The Mill, Salford, Manchester
The ideal candidate would be able to start on Monday 29th April 2019. This will be for a period of 10 months to cover maternity leave until February 2020.
- To process the weekly payroll ensuring deadlines are met
- To provide an efficient and effective administration support service.
- To comply with company policies and procedures and payroll legislation at all times
- To work as a member of the Payroll Team, ensuring that operatives are paid accurately and on time.
- To verify subcontractors under the CIS scheme with HMRC
- To verify VAT with HMRC for Ltd company operatives
- To enter bank details on Peoplesoft
- To enter statutory information, for example P45s, P46s, P9s etc.
- To monitor statutory deductions (i.e. SSP, SPP, SAP etc) and pay accordingly.
- To process deductions for external bodies
- To calculate the Payroll
- To run Payroll Reports and check and amend where necessary
- To process BACS Payments
- To print/email Payslips
- To check invoices received by email reconcile to payments made during a particular week
- To adjust accumulators accurately and update the relevant spreadsheets
- To log all post that comes into the payroll department and update upon completion
- To complete forms from external bodies, for example, Solicitors, Department of Work and Pensions etc
- To execute administration duties, for example filing.
- To check stationery supplies and order stationery/toners when required
- To update spreadsheets within the given timescales
- To complete monthly returns by the given deadlines
- To Liaise with internal departments
- To communicate effectively with the payroll team and Vital branches
- To deal with telephone/email queries from external bodies i.e. HMRC, DWP etc
- To resolve email queries from branches and operatives promptly and effectively
Full training will be given internally on system/internal processes and external training by HMRC will be provided to ensure all statutory obligations by the employer are met.
- Support the company in achieving it's aims and objectives, as set out in the Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Carry out any other duties as and when requested by the company, from time to time.