23 days ago
A great opportunity has risen with our well-established Nuclear client based in Cheshire for a Payroll Administrator on 6 months contract basis .
The Payroll Administrator will coordinate the administrative arrangements for the clients companies to ensure employee's salaries are paid correctly on time.
The Payroll Administrator will provide a varied administrative service to the Payroll Coordinator.
The job holder will require a high level of organisational skills and be able to prioritise own workload to deliver a professional service.
Key internal and external relations:
* Internally the Payroll Administrator will deal with employees and Managers at all levels, this will primarily be to resolve queries and exchange information.
* The payroll administrator must ensure all payments to be processed are correctly authorised prior to processing.
* Externally, the Payroll Administrator will liaise with external contacts such as Pensions Scheme providers, HMRC and other Government bodies for the exchange of information.
* Administers a range of Payroll processes, including input and checking of data into the payroll system including changes to salary, terms and conditions of employment, pension contributions to ensure an accurate payroll/pension service is provided (e.g. Pay Rate Changes, Staff Changes, New Starters, Leavers, Absence, etc.).
* Maintains Payroll and employee records to ensure accuracy, completeness and integrity of data.
* Collates and checks payroll documentation which is subsequently uploaded or input into the payroll system for processing to ensure employee salaries are paid.
* Liaise with employees and external Pension Scheme and Payroll software providers to help resolve queries quickly and effectively.
* Reconciles and arranges to pay employee and employers pension contributions and AVC contributions on a monthly basis to Pension Services providers.
* Collates and formats data for onward distribution to the clients departments and external organisations, e.g. reports.
* Attention to detail and ability to analysis the payroll and spot any anomalies on the payroll and investigate and correct if necessary.
* Proven ability to use a wide range of office IT applications e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio to a high standard.
* Proficient SAP User (HR Module) and ADP Freedom Software
* Good interpersonal skills necessary to work in a team environment, to provide a quality customer service and to maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
* Detail conscious.
* Strong organisation and planning skills with the ability to respond to changing priorities.
* Experience in handling confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner.
* Experience in Payroll practices.
* Up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation.
* Good understanding of Company's terms and conditions of employment
* 5 x GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths.