£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
30 days ago
Our client is seeking a Test System Specialist for MilSatCom payloads.
The Telecom Payload System Engineering team is responsible for providing engineering support to the Telecom business line, for payload projects; payload R&D activities; proposals and for the development of advanced payload products.
-Member of the System Engineering Team assigned to a telecom payload project; the role's main focus is the design, development, delivery and deployment / maintenance of ground test system equipment dedicated to the measurement of the performance of military telecom payloads
- The Payload Test System components will include all off board interfaces; active and/or passive; all means necessary for the configuration of the unit under test (including digital processor, active antenna, etc.) and the automation of test racks used to conduct Electrical tests; RF tests and potentially EMC and Thermal tests.
The role will involve:
- Understanding or interpreting customer's test requirements and Validation philosophy
- The design for the test solution for a secured telecom payload
- Support the development and / or procurement of the components needed to the delivery of the end-to-end system
- Work hand-in-hand with the Validation team and the AIT operation team for the consolidation of the requirements and specifications; the delivery phase and the following deployment / support through the AIT ops phases [at payload and spacecraft level]
- As part of a wider project team, take a hands-on role in the measurement of the payload performances and in its analysis
- Compile written reports or analysis documentation - for the test solution and also potentially for the units / systems under test
- Support the test campaigns and the analysis of test results, working hand-in-hand with the Assembly, Integration and Test operations team (working in clean room environment)
- Lead investigation of technical issues or problems - As needed / as required; support customer and supplier test review meetings
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- RF communication engineering
- RF Instruments; Test Equipment and Test technique
- Test automation / COTS test software
- Working within an environment controlled strictly through an established Quality system
- Able to integrate quickly to a team operating within a complex multiple stakeholders' environment Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Capable of working autonomously against tight deadlines
- Microwave / high frequency RF engineering
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications systems
- An understanding of equipment fitted to the Satellite payload such as receivers, converters, amplifiers, waveguides and antennas
- An in-depth knowledge of RF measurement instruments and of their use in the context of telecom payload testing Engineering life cycles and equipment/system/payload or environmental testing
- Quality standards
The candidate will be expected to spend significant periods of time, as required, working at the spacecraft integration site (likely to be in the UK).
The role might require occasional shift work / weekend work or the support to AIT operations organised in 24/7 rota.