Up to €610.00 per day
7 months ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Cisco Firepower IPS Expert to join their team in Luxembourg. This is initially a 6 months contract with real possibilities of renewal.
The position is very specific to what is the needed expertise, therefore kindly note that experience in similar suites would not be accepted by the client.
- Manage the Cisco Firepower network probes installed in Production and in the Lab.
- Collaborate with the other teams in the unit to analyse the registered events
and solve the possible incident.
- Select/Define/improve IDS/IPS signatures, policies and triggers .
- Deploy software/vulnerability/fingerprint updates .
- Improve detection capabilities by creating Splunk filters.
- Detect and minimize false positives .
- Investigate alerts, react, escalate and inform stakeholders accordingly .
- Possibly plan further expansion of the monitoring system .
- Write _response instructions_ for common situations
- Production of documentation: for documenting the network monitoring activities, and the associated guidelines and procedures.
- University Degree in an ICT related fiel with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the domain of ICT and Network Security
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Firepower IPS - ideally 8 years of experience
- Working experience in complex ICT enterprise environments and in the.associated security aspects.
- Experience with Splunk is required
- Excellent knowledge of Operating systems and good practices for their configuration ad protection
- Excellent knowledge of all kind of network and host security systems including: antivirus software, host intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability assessment, data encryption, honey-pot, and hardening practices
- Excellent knowledge of network concepts and the associated security solutions. In particular the following topics must be known: Internet/Intranet/Extranet architectures Authentication systems, Firewall, Proxies, Network IDS/IPS, PKI, e-mail gateways, IP security, Remote access control and violations, data protection and integrity, Encryption, Viruses
- Desirable knowledge of IT best practices (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of French (B1 or higher) would be considered as asset.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.